Saturday, October 8, 2011

3 Colour Masonite Print!

Bos Taurus (latin for Cow) is the title of this piece. I'm submitting it to this year's Royal Ontario Winter Fair for their art showcase. I wanted to create a piece that hearkened back to late 70's early 80's graphic design. Not unlike the feed bags, trucker hats, and farm brochures that were always kicking around the farm growing up. I hope you like it. So here I went through the process of printing this type of multi-colour work.


cutting

Three plates, half cut. The two on the right have the image offset to the board from the key line on the left.

cut some more

Cut with zeal

party



ink'er bud

line up tee and bar marking at each side of the paper


first layer!

Second layer, ready to go.

ink

...and pull, second layer complete

last layer

This is me trying to look candid even though I am the one taking the photo. What a nincompoop!

ink ye ol' key line




et fini!


Also, I decided to print another piece I had finished cutting some months ago. The imagery came to me in the bizarre and fantastical mental state between dream and consciousness. It made chuckle. It's called "Deth." Just in time for Halloween!






1 comment: